5 Ways to Increase Employee Engagement Through Volunteering
If you're searching for ways to ratchet up employee engagement, start with this truth: people aren't looking for a job, they're looking for a purpose.
1. Tailor volunteering to your company. If your business is not suited for a day of volunteering, consider choosing a week or a month where every employee is assigned to a project.
2. Structure volunteering around departments. Coordinating events for specific departments is one key to enhancing internal collaboration and creative problem solving. And here again, you may need to be flexible in order to tailor the volunteer opportunity to certain departments.
3. Customize volunteering around individuals. Encourage employees in every department to take on an individual project with one of the nonprofit partners they are passionate about.
4. Make volunteering mobile. Long gone are the days of water cooler chats; all of your employees (not just Millennials) communicate via mobile and social media. So your corporate philanthropy program absolutely needs to be there with them.
5. Tell a story with your volunteering. While annual impact reports are crucial to the growth of corporate social responsibility programs, storytelling still takes precedence as the most impactful. Who did you help? What was at stake? How did you make a difference? Let your employees answer these questions, and tell that story about your company.
"Employee engagement is the emotional commitment the employee has to the organization and its goals."
- Kevin Kruse, author, "Employee Engagement 2.0"
Nashville Daybook Gets the Word Out!
Easy Press Release Distribution Includes:
Online, Email, Search, Social & Newsfeeds.
Daybook helps you present your story to the community, and then helps the community share that story across social platforms!
Career Opportunities in the Greater Nashville Area:
Job Opportunities can be posted free of charge in Nashville Daybook. Just send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Make sure to include the Job Title & an online link to the opportunity.
Interested individuals should click on the links below to review the requirements
New Opportunities Coming Soon
Follow us and receive the LinkedIn postings as soon as we receive them from Nashville Companies.
Who We Are
Nashville Daybook is a comprehensive online press distribution product that creates more local engagement for stories published through the Daybook Network platform.
Daybook helps you to be more productive with your time!
Nashville Daybook Audience: 70% corporate and nonprofit business professionals, 30% media professionals (reporters, anchors, producers, show hosts, assignment editors, bloggers).
Still have questions? We can help! Email us or call us (770.671.0213).
We can work with you to combine different elements of our products and services to meet your business goals.